Saturday 15 July 2017

We have finally reached Uganda after 2 long and tiring flights and have began our once in a lifetime experience. We had came off our flight and came into the mini bus at around 15:00 and we're given the opportunity to see the scenery; we were all left shocked and surprised of the scenery that we saw. Entebbe airport that was much more modern than rural than green Uganda which then compared to the Cassia Lodge; it was almost crazy to see how different the areas were. The luxury of the hotel and modernised airport against the bricks and busy streets of Kampala itself and being greater by goats and chickens.

Today we visited bright future school. All of the teachers and children were so welcoming and made us feel at home. I was amazed at what they have managed to achieve with what little resources they have. It was inspiring  to see the kids enthusiasm for school and learning and the sense of community that the teachers have created. The children were so interested in me as was I in them and I loved conversing with them. They are so ambitious and confident which I admire and hope that throughout the week I can learn from them and hopefully they can learn from me. I am excited for the days to come.
Casey

It has been an amazing day! I was slightly nervous about going to Bright Future School, as I really didn't know what to expect! But my nerves have been calmed due to the warm welcome we received and the amazing smiles and joy of the students. I can't believe our arrival has had such a big impact already! I am now really excited about the rest of out time here and can't wait to go back to Bright Future School!
Mr James

A great first day at Bright Future School. Everyone was so welcoming. The pupils and staff are amazing. The school is really well organised. There are lots of polite pupils all eager to show you the school and get you playing games. I'm looking forward to going back to the school tomorrow.
Mrs Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment